During hot and humid weather conditions, many people find ants entering their houses and garden areas. According to the experts, ants are social insects and reside in colonies that may range in size. There are various kinds of ants, but the most common ones are house-invading ants which include pavement, carpenter, acrobat, pharaoh and odorous house ants. House-invading ants will make you say, “There are ants in the food”, “there are fourmis dans la charpente, furniture, and damaging my property”, “there are ants biting me”, “there are ants everywhere!” this is how they sometimes cause mental distress. But, worry not! There are many natural remedies which will help you get rid of ants in your house in no time. Read on.
- In a cup of water, add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon essential oil. Then, soak a cotton ball in the solution and wipe on the areas where ants are prone to enter and reside. Repeat this step every day until they are gone.
- You can also use ground cinnamon and whole cloves near entry points, instead of cinnamon essential oil.
- In a bowl, mix equal parts of vinegar and water.
- Empty the bowl in a spray bottle.
- Add a few drops of essential oil in it. Close the lid and shake well.
- Spray this solution in the areas where ants are prone to enter and reside.
- An hour later, wipe off all the ants with the help of a damp paper towel and get rid of it.
- Repeat this step every day until all the ants are gone.
- In a bowl, mix equal parts of borax and food jelly. Put n on a flat plate in the areas where the ants are residing. You can also use cornstarch instead of food jelly, and mix it with water to make a paste and apply to the infested areas of your house.
- You can also mix borax with powdered sugar in a 1:3 ratio. Add enough water to make it like a syrup. Apply the paste to the areas where the ants are prone to enter and reside.
- Apply some lemon juice on door thresholds, windowsills and other infested areas of your house.
- You can also put a few drops of lemon essential oil on cotton balls and leave them in the infested areas.